Eastern European Style Shredded Chicken & Noodle Soup
i don’t really have loads to say about this recipe, it’s tasty and pretty simple. It works really well as a starter, lining your stomach a little before the main course and the flavour is great in a homely simple villagey way.
The weather is nice at the moment and the sun is shining so invite a couple of friends over for a meal, cook this as a starter, have some nice drinks and sit in the garden, you will enjoy yourself.
– Recipe –
2 Chicken Thighs // 1 Onion // 3 sticks of Celery // 3 medium Carrots // 1 small Parsnip // 1/2 a tablespoon of Peppercorns // 2 teaspoons of Paprika // roughly 200g Vermicelli style Noodles // a bunch of Parsley // Water
- Peel the Vegetables and very roughly chop them, place in a pan with the Chicken Thighs, Peppercorns, Paprika and the stems from the Parsley (keep the leaves). Cover with a liberal amount of Water and simmer for 45 minutes – 1 hour, until the meat is completely tender and the vegetables are losing their shape.
- Strain the liquid out of the pan and take the Chicken out to cool. Mash the Vegetable solids slightly to get as much of the remaining liquid out as possible and then discard the Solids.
- When the Chicken is cool, remove the skin/bones and shred the tender Meat, put it in a pan with the Stock you just made and bring it to a simmer, season this liberally with Salt.
- Break the Vermicelli Noodles into small pieces and then when the pan is simmering add them to the pot.
- Cook 10 minutes and then mix in chopped Parsley Leaves just before serving!