American Style Fluffy Pancakes – Hotcakes, Griddlecakes or whatever else you would like to call them
If you don’t like to eat this, you are not human.
Make a big pile of fluffy American pancakes, cover them in oozing Maple Syrup and molten Butter. Serve a load of crispy Bacon next to it, a little bit of Scrambled Eggs with Hot Sauce, some Toast, a Grapefruit and a big steaming hot Coffee on the side and I promise you that no man has ever ever ever eaten a better breakfast at any point in the history of the human race.
- Recipe -
Ingredients for 1-2 people
100g Plain Flour // 1 tablespoon of Sugar // 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt // 1 heaped teaspoon Baking Powder // 110mls Milk // 1 Egg // Butter for frying
- Pour the Flour into a bowl, mix in the Sugar, Salt and Baking Powder.
- Make a well in the middle of the Flour and stir the Milk in using a fork.
- Whisk the Egg and then stir that in too, leave it slightly lumpy.
- Heat a special pancake pan or a small frying pan, add a small amount of Butter and spread it over the surface. When the butter is hot ladle the batter mix into the pan so it spreads evenly.
- When the pancakes have risen and have small bubbles on the surface while being almost but not quite set, flip them and cook the other side until nicely laced with brown.
- Cover in Maple Syrup and serve with Bacon!